"I will not die."

Me: "Go brush your teeth."
Mckoy: "Why?"
Me: "Because you have to brush teeth."
Mckoy: "I don't want to brush my teeth."
Me: "You have to brush your teeth before you go to sleep."
Mckoy: "But why do I have to brush my teeth mom?"
Me: "If you don't brush your teeth, you will lose all your teeth."
Mckoy: "So?"

It's getting late. I'm tired. I'm starting to get slightly annoyed by the persistency of my now argumentative 4-year old son.

I gave the most logical answer I can think of at the moment.

Me: "If you lose your teeth, you can't eat. If you don't eat, you can die."

Looking a little bit confused he replied.

Mckoy: "That's not true mom. I will not die."
Me: "What do you mean?"
Mckoy: "How come Simeon is not dead."

Simeon is our toothless 60-year old family driver.

Me: "Ok...you won't die. But if you lose your teeth, you can't eat KFC anymore because you won't be able to chew it."

Looking more confused, he replied.

Mckoy: "Mom, I saw Simeon eating chicken! He put the chicken in his mouth and just swallowed it."

I rest my case.

("_)

1 comment:

  1. That is FUNNY! Your son marcus is hilarious! Children's comments can sometimes make you laugh. Our neighbor's kid (he's about 5 or 6 years old), saw me with a big belly (I was pregnant then). He asks his mommy why I had a big belly. His mom says it's because I had a baby inside. He came up to me and asked, "Did you swallow up a baby?" I laughed...

    I enjoyed your blogs on marcus's comments. They're funny. ;) Take care and Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete